I´m sure it has often happened to you too… you arrive home and you don’t know what to cook, but surprise, surprise! You were prudent and you have chickpeas (or any other bean) cooked in the fridge. What are you going to do? Get down to work and give wings to your imagination. That´s it! In 15 minutes you can have a complete, tasty and nutritious dish.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas with kombu seaweed
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- Parsley or coriander to taste
- Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Salt or shoyu to taste
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. of barley miso
- 1 tsp. white tahini
- Water to taste
- Wash the carrots well and cut into matchsticks. Place in a pan with oil and sauté for five minutes. Then add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and cook for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Then add the cooked chickpeas and mix with the carrots. Add chopped parsley and rectify flavours with salt or a few drops of shoyu.
- Finally mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Rectify flavours if necessary. Add more or less water according to the desired consistency.
- Add the sauce to the chickpeas in the pan, mix well and after a minute, turn off the fire and let sit for five minutes so that flavours blend well.
- Sprinkle some sprouts or black sesame seeds on top.
- Serve immediately.