Here is an adaptation of delicious cakes that I tasted at the Macrobiotic Institute of Portugal with Geninha Horta Varatojo, teacher, consultant, co-director of the institute and excellent cook. It is a recipe you can accompany with some green salad, to compensate for the contractive effect of the oven. This way, as well as being more balanced, we provide our body with an almost perfect mixture of nutrients.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BASE:
- 165g of wheat flour
- 85 g of organic margarine or sesame oil
- A pinch of salt
- Water (to taste)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING:
- 200g of tofu
- 3 carrots and an onion
- Salt and a little oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of oat cream
- Make the dough for the base and let sit for about 30 min.
- Chop the vegetables and cook them with very little water and a pinch of salt until soft. Season with the oil, the oat cream, the basil leaves and add the tofu. Blend until you get a thick mixture.
- Spread the dough with a rolling pin and place on an oiled push-up fluted flan dish.
- Bake until the dough is lightly golden.
- Then pour the filling and continue baking until golden brown.
- Serve with basil leaves or with toasted sunflower seeds sprinkled on top.