This protein-rich recipe is highly mineralising, warming and strenthening. It boosts digestion and is ideal for winter days.
- 1 cup of soaked lentils (4-5 hours)
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- Filtered water
- 1 strip of kombu seaweed (soaked 5 minutes)
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel
- 1/2 cup carrot cut into small pieces
- Wash the lentils and amaranth and discard the soaking water.
- Put them in a pot covered with filtered water and kombu seaweed cut into thin strips. It is possible to use water of soaking of kombu seaweed.
- Bring to a boil, and then cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- After 15 minutes add the vegetables and a pinch of salt. Continue cooking for 15 minutes more or until the vegetables are soft.
- Correct flavour with a few drops of shoyu or umeboshi vinegar.
- Serve with lightly toasted pumpkin seeds or a little chopped parsley.