This is a protein-rich dish (indeed, protein!), full of minerals (e.g. magnesium, essential for calcium to penetrate the bones and prevent osteoporosis).
YIELDS: 2 | PREPARATION: 5 min. | COOKING: 20 min. | DIFFICULTY: low
-A QUARTER OF HOKKAIDO PUMPKIN
-4 TBS. DRY COCHAYUYO SEAWEED
-MIRIN (TO TASTE)
-SHOYU (TO TASTE)
-GINGER (TO TASTE)
-PINCH OF SALT
1. Put the cochayuyo in a bowl and cover it with boiling water. Let sit for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile chop the vegetables.
3. Dice the courgette and pumkin (2 cm).
4. Sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes in an iron skillet, with sesame oil and a pinch of salt until they soften up a little.
5. Add the cochayuyo and its soaking water in (the vegetables should be half-covered by water).
6. Bring to the boil. Then lower the heat to a minimum, add a few drops of shoyu and mirin. Put the lid on and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the water has evaporated.
7. Finally we add ginger juice for a touch of freshness (optional). You can also sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley on top. Serve immediately.