Introducing a bowl full of “wholeness” for people in a hurry where you can find flavour and all the necessary nutrients. Pumpkin is soothing and helps you to relax because it is high in complex carbohydrates. It is very good in case of hypoglycemia and diabetes. Enjoy!
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tofu
- Mirin (rice wine)
- A few drops of ginger juice
- Umeboshi vinegar (optional)
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Sesame oil
- A small handful of thongweed (soaked 10 minutes)
- Mash the tofu with a fork until you get a paste, season with a few drops of shoyu, ginger juice and oregano (all to taste). Set aside.
- In a small pot put the sea spaghetti to boil with its soaking water, a few drops of shoyu and a few drops of mirin. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a minimum and let cook until tender. Then uncover and allow all the liquid to evaporate.
- Brush a pot with sesame oil and sauté the onion 5 minutes with a pinch of salt until translucent.
- Add the squash and filtered water to half cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a minimum and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet sauté the marinated tofu in a little sesame oil and a little bit of water so it will not stick to the pan, 5 minutes and set aside.
- When the pumpkin is already tender (about 20 minutes) put out the fire and blend.
- Rectify taste with umeboshi vinegar if necessary.
- Suggested order to serve: pumpkin puree, tofu, sea spaghetti, seeds, sprinkle the rest with toasted sesame seeds.