INGREDIENTS (4-5 people):
- 1 kg of medium pears
- A pinch of sea salt
For the sauce:
- Liquid of baking pears
- 3 tablespoons molasses rice or corn
- 1 tablespoon of kuzú
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice, grated and drained
- Organic apple juice
- Peel the whole pears, keeping the tail and cut a little its base to stand upright. Put them standing in a saucepan and boil them with a bottom of water and a pinch of salt, until they are soft. Transfer them to a serving and reserve source.
- Dilute the kuzú in a little apple juice or mineral water and mix with the cooking liquid. Boil a couple of minutes, stirring constantly until it thickens and becomes transparent. Add the ginger juice and sweeten it with molasses.
- Glaze the pears with the ginger sauce.
Excellent to dissolve phlegm in case of excess mucus. If the phlegm is very sticky, reduce the ginger slightly. Lubricates the intestines. Dessert not suitable for children: for them, you can substitute cinnamon ginger. In this case, it strengthens the kidneys and increases the defenses against cooling.
SOURCE: Jorge Pérez Calvo