Michio Kushi came up with remedy to help the effects of contractive foods such as chicken, eggs and cheese which lead to hypoglycemia or chronic low blood sugar. This condition affects about 75% or 80% of people in modern societies. One of the main causes is stress and an unhealthy and unbalanced lifestyle.
Sweet vegetable drink is good for softening tightness caused by heavy animal food consumption and for relaxing the body and muscles. It is especially beneficial for softning the pancreas and helping to stabilize blood sugar levels. A small cup may be taken daily or every other day, especially in the mid-to late afternoon. It will satisfy the desire for a sweet taste and help reduce cravings for simple sugars and other strong sweets.
- Use 3 or 4 (maximum) sweet vegetables, finely chopped (onions, carrots, cabbage, and sweet winter squash).
- Boil 3 to 4 times the amount of water, add chopped vegetables, and allow to boil uncovered for up to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to low, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables from the broth. (You may occasionally use them later in soups and stews). .
- Drink the broth, either hot or at room temperature.
No seasoning is used in this recipe.
Sweet vegetable drink may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but should be warmed again or allowed to return to room temperature before drinking.