Excelent roots dish to balance the stomach-spleen-pancreas.
Preparation: 5 min
Total time: 30 min
- 2 pumpkin slices
- 1 leek
- 1 kombu strip
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Excelent roots dish to balance the stomach-spleen-pancreas.
- Cover the bottom of the saucepan with a Little bit of wáter (1.5 cm aprox.)
- Bring to boil and then cover the saucepan and lower the fire.
- Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with a few drops of shoyu. In case there´s still excess liquid, allow to evaporate so that all the nutrients are maintained.
- Note: The sweet taste should be the predominant taste, which is very good in case of hipoglycemia.
“Nishime” is a dish that originated in Japan which is always prepared in the same way. The only difference is the choice of different vegetables. You can cook this dish with one, two or three kinds of vegetables.It is a dish that strengthens and energizes. It is especially good for the central organs such as the spleen, pancreas and stomach. It helps keep sugar levels stable. It’s good to take at least 3 or 4 times a week. This cooking method makes vegetables more yang.
First we put the most yin vegetables at the bottom and then we add in the vegetables from yin to yang (e.g. cabbage, onion and carrot). For example, in this case we would begin with the cabbage, followed by the onion and finally the carrot. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and add just the right amount of water to cover the bottom of the pot. Bring to boil and then cook covered over medium/low heat for 20 or 25 minutes (watch out in case it runs out of water, add in more if necessary).After that, uncover and season with a few drops of shoyu or tamari. Afterwards, continue cooking until all the liquid has evaporated . Be careful it doesn´t burn!
Tip: If you are addicted to sugar, cook this dish often.