- 1/2 cup of millet thoroughly rinsed and lightly toasted in a frying pan
- 1/2 quinoa thoroughly rinsed
- 1/2 parsnip thinly sliced
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin slice. diced.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Place the vegetables, the quinoa and the millet in a pot to boil with 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a minimum and cook for 25 minutes or until all the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile boil a handful of Thongweed (previously soaked for 20 minutes) with just enough water to cover the bottom in a small saucepan along with 1 c.s. rice vinegar, 1 c.s. shoyu, 1 c.c. apple concentrate.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve the millet, quinoa and vegetables with the aid of a ring-shaped mold and decorate with the thongweed on top.