Cold, isn´t it? In winter we want to strengthen our intestines, this will allow us to keep our immune system in optimal conditions and spend the coldest months of the year free of unwanted colds. This cleansing soup will warm your body and tone the kidneys. And you will feel more energetic! Buckwheat promotes activity, strengthens digestion and activates internal fire. Do try it!
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 25 min
INGREDIENTS (4 – 5 people):
- 4 finely shredded carrots
- 2 finely shredded daikon
- 1 small broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbs. buckwheat thoroughly washed and drained
- Unrefined sea salt or 1 tbs. of tamari
- 1 tsp. of barley miso (optional).
- Lightly toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Chives or finely chopped parsley for decoration (optional)
- In a saucepan place filtered water to boil (calculate the water according to the desired soup rations).
- When the water boils, add the buckwheat and vegetables except the broccoli, seeds and chives.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Cook on a low flame for 25 minutes, until the buckwheat is soft. After 10 minutes add the brocoli.
- Finally rectify the amount of water according to the desired consistency.
- Add if desired (out of the fire) a tsp. of miso and dilute it well. Rectify flavours with more miso or tamari if desired. Decorate with the chives or parsley and the seeds.
- Serve immediately.