As you can read in our latest blog entry, celeriac has many properties and I recommend you incorporate it into your diet. It is grown in autumn and winter and helps us make balance with the harsh weather.
Enjoy the recipe!
PREPARATION: 5 min | COOKING TIME: 20 min | SERVES: 2 | DIFFICULTY: Easy.
- 2 large slices of celeriac
- 2 medium carrots
- a pinch of salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A few drops of tamari or shoyu.
- Cut 2 large slices of celeriac.
- Cut into matchsticks.
- Then cut the carrot into matchsticks likewise.
- Put a pan on the fire, brush with olive oil, add the celeriac and the carrot and sauté over high flame for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt (to taste).
- Then add a bit of water just to cover the bottom of the pan, cover and let simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes or until all the water has evaporated and the vegetables are soft. Place a flame deflector under the pan if you cook with gas.
- Finally, uncover, turn off the fire, add a few drops of tamari or shoyu, mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- And voila! That´s your delicious celeriac-carrot kimpira. Sprinkle some roasted pumpkin or black sesame seeds and some finely chopped parsley.