Are you lost when it comes to feeding healthy treats to your children? Do you end up giving them unhealthy stuff you grab as you rush down the street? Presenting these very simple cookies! Your children will love them and they are made with whole, organic and totally healthy natural ingredients. There is nothing like feeding the little ones home-made biscuits you have baked yourself. It is necessary, because otherwise, they will end up looking for comfort foods they should not be having. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of porridge oat flakes
- 1 cup of half-whole spelt flour
- 7 dates
- Raisins (to taste)
- ¼ cup almonds
- Cinnamon powder (to taste)
- 1 apple
- 1 pinch of salt
- Rice drink
- Barley malt
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC
- Place the oats in a large bowl
- Add the flour and mix well
- Chop the dates (pitted) and add.
- Add cinnamon, salt and raisins.
- Chop the almonds not too finely and add them to the dough.
- Mix everything very well.
- Peel the apple and place it in a bowl with water and salt. Then drain and dice. Add them to the dough.
- Add rice drink until you get a consistency that glues all the ingredients together, not very moist but dense.
- Line a baking sheet with parment and drop spoonfuls of dough. Optionally sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes brush each cookie with barley malt and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and let cool.