Enjoy this simple but tasty and very healthy recipe. Millet boots digestion and mochi is recommended for weakness and to regain strength and energy. It also stimulates milk secretion in nursing mothers, increasing both its nutritional quality and its quantity.
- 1 cup of millet, washed and drained.
- 1 cup of spring water.
- 1 piece of mochi.
- 1 pinch of organic sea salt.
- 1 tbs. of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tsp. tamari.
- 1 thin slice of ginger.
- 1 stick of cinnamon (make sure it comes from Ceylon).
- Brush a cast iron skillet with extra virgin olive oil and heat up for a few minutes.
- Add the millet and roast it dry for 5 minutes, until lightly golden (be careful not to burn it). This step is optional, but it enhances its flavour and makes it more digestible.
- Add the water, the ginger, the cinnamon and the salt.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat to a minimum.
- Place a flame spreader under the pan (if cooking with a gas stove).
- Let cook for 25 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated.
- In the meantime finely grate the mochi and mix it with the oil and the tamari in a bowl. Set aside.
- When the millet is cooked, uncover and sprinkle the grated mochi on top.
- Cover and cook over a minimum heat 5 more minutes until the mochi cover has melted.
- Meanwhile we preheat the oven at 180ºC (grill).
- Finally take the cast iron pan and place it under the grill.
- Grill for for 10 minutes or until the mochi is lightly golden.
- Finally take it out of the oven.
- Optionally sprinkle a little gomasio on top.
See you soon