Did you know it is good to start your meals with a cream or soup? It tonifies your digestive system.
Always remember to add something crispy or that needs chewing. Otherwise, your stomach might assume there isn´t much work ahead and the amount of hydrochloric acid released might not be enough to digest the food later.
This leek cream is one of a kind! It is refreshing and it can be enhanced by adding a little mint. Give it a try!
- 1 leek (carefully washed and finely chopped)
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 tsp. of lemon zest
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- Ginger juice to taste
- Ground fennel seeds to taste
- Unrefined sea salt
- Umeboshi vinegar to taste
- Poppy, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds to decorate (soaked and lightly toasted)
- Leek sprouts to decorate
- Chop the leek finely and the onion in fine half moons
- Heat a saucepan and brush carefully with olive oil
- Then add the onion and sauté well with a pinch of salt until the onion becomes a bit transparent
- Then add the leek and continue frying for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Then add water just to cover the vegetables
- Bring to a boil. Then lower the heat to the minimum and cook for 15 or 20 minutes
- After this time, add the zest and lemon juice, the fennel seeds, the ginger juice and let cook 2 more minutes
- Rectify flavour by adding salt or umeboshi vinegar
- Finally crush or beat everything very well
- Decorate with seeds and sprouts and serve immediately