Presenting this delicious cake for your guilt-free Sunday evening cravings. It is quite nutritious, with natural sweetness from the apples and the carrots. You won´t have to resort to sugar or other artificial sweeteners that ruin your sense of taste and your pancreas.
On the other hand, if you use rice or almond drink or any other gluten-free grain, it is also suitable for gluten intolerants, since it only contains quinoa flour. You can also experiment with other types of flours, such as rice, buckwheat or teff. If you have a problem with gluten, also make sure that the syrup does not contain any traces of gluten.
- 1 cup of plant-based drink (or until you reach the desired consistency)
- 250 gr. of finely grated carrot.
- 250 gr. apple peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- Lemon zest to taste
- Cinnamon powder to taste
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of clove or cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. of sodium bicarbonate
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful of chopped walnuts
- Rice syrup (optional, to taste)
- Unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the sodium bicarbonate) in a bowl and mix well with your hand with a pinch of salt for 5 min.
- Add the sodium bicarbonate and mix very well. You should have a thick batter.
- Pour onto a baking tray.
- Bake at 180ºC for 45 min.
- Before removing, check that it is dry by inserting a knife (it should come out dry)
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Let cool up before cutting and decorate it with creativity.